European contest: Narrating the Dialogue
The contest “Narrating the Dialogue” aims to collect narrations of experiences of intercultural dialogue in Europe.
These experiences can be the most diverse, like:
- educational projects aimed to fight racism and xenophobia; - social actions and campains promoted by activist, migrants and citizens in general, aimed to create mutual knowledge, and cooperation between people from different cultures; - personal experiences, related to the challenge of overcoming racism and xenofobia, and foster the value of intercultural dialogue...
The authors of the stories narrated can be individuals, groups, communities, organizations. The contest is open to various kinds of narration:
- Autobiograpy or biography: Autobiographical narration, telling what you experienced directly in first person, or a biographical narration, if you are collecting experiences of other persons. The text, which should be no longer than ten pages, can be sent in word or PDF format.
- Photo narration (text and pictures): a narration that’s composed of pictures accompanied by texts. It may be an autobiographical narration, telling what you experienced directly in first person, or a biographical narration, if you are collecting experiences of other persons. The text, which should be no longer than ten pages, can be sent in word or PDF format.
- Video narration: you can tell the story through diverse types of video narration, such as documentary, video interview, digital storytelling or any other creative form. Maximum length ten minutes.
- Comics: tell a lived experience of intercultural dialogue through the comics. Maximum ten folders length.
HOW TO SEND In order to send the story, you need to be registered to the web site www.lampedusaberlin.eu; once you are logged you can upload the story through My story
Or you can send your stories by email to this address: firstname.lastname@example.org, using the attached description card.
Once you have uploaded the story, it will will be published in few days, after the authorization of the administrator.
AUTHORS: the projects may be realized by individuals, informal groups, communities, organizations.
LANGUAGES: it’s possible to participate in the following languages: English, French, Italian, Polish, Hungarian, Romanian, Spanish, German, Greek. The English translation, or subtitles in case of video narration, is welcomed but not mandatory.
NUMBER OF STORIES: the authors can participate sending one or more stories.
DEADLINE: the deadline to send the story(s) is December 15th, 2017(new dead line).
SELECTION AND AWARDS: A first level of selection will be done at a national level, according to the languages of the stories, and will come to the choice of four finalists for each language (one for each narration category).
A second level selection, run by an international giury, will select four winners among the finalists (one for each narration category).
The stories (finalist and winners) will be collected in an handbook of good practice.
A representative for each of the winning projects will be invited to the final event of the project in Strasbourg (15-17/03/2018).
Thank you for your participation!