European stories' archive: Narrating the Dialogue
The European stories' archive “Narrating the Dialogue” aims to collect narrations of experiences of intercultural dialogue in Europe.
These experiences can be the most diverse, like:
- educational projects aimed to fight racism and xenophobia; - social actions and campains promoted by activist, migrants and citizens in general, aimed to create mutual knowledge, and cooperation between people from different cultures; - personal experiences, related to the challenge of overcoming racism and xenofobia, and foster the value of intercultural dialogue...
The authors of the stories narrated can be individuals, groups, communities, organizations. The contest is open to various kinds of narration:
- Autobiograpy or biography: Autobiographical narration, telling what you experienced directly in first person, or a biographical narration, if you are collecting experiences of other persons. The text, which should be no longer than ten pages, can be sent in word or PDF format.
- Photo narration (text and pictures): a narration that’s composed of pictures accompanied by texts. It may be an autobiographical narration, telling what you experienced directly in first person, or a biographical narration, if you are collecting experiences of other persons. The text, which should be no longer than ten pages, can be sent in word or PDF format.
- Video narration: you can tell the story through diverse types of video narration, such as documentary, video interview, digital storytelling or any other creative form. Maximum length ten minutes.
- Comics: tell a lived experience of intercultural dialogue through the comics. Maximum ten folders length.
HOW TO UPLOAD YOUR STORY In order to upload the story, you need to be registered to the web site www.lampedusaberlin.eu; once you are logged you can upload the story through My story
Once you have uploaded the story, it will be published in few days, after the authorization of the administrator.
AUTHORS: the stories may be realized by individuals, informal groups, communities, organizations.
LANGUAGES: it’s possible to participate in the following languages: English, French, Italian, Polish, Hungarian, Romanian, Spanish, German, Greek. The English translation, or subtitles in case of video narration, is welcomed but not mandatory.
NUMBER OF STORIES: the authors can participate sending one or more stories.
SOME HINTS TO TELL YOUR STORY...: Here you can find some ideas to tell your story.
This path can be used to carry out educational activities in various contexts: school, non-formal education, etc.
Through these activities it is possible to create laboratories of autobiographical narration or collection of stories of others.
WHY THIS ARCHIVE: This archive have been created starting from the European Competition "Narrating The Dialogue", realized in 2018.
You can read here the stories selected as winners: LaBe Competition Winners
Thank you for your participation!