Information We Collect
We collect information about you when you use our sites and applications. We collect information directly from you such as your contact information, resume, profile information.
Passive Collection: We also gather certain information automatically when you visit our site or use our mobile applications. This information may include Internet protocol (IP) address, browser type, device ID, Internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, the files viewed on our site (e.g., HTML pages, graphics, etc.), operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data to analyze trends in the aggregate and administer the site. We may combine this information with information in your account to help prevent fraud.
Single Sign-on: If you choose to sign in to a Lampedusaberlin site or application with Facebook or similar sites and services, we import the requested information from your account and we make it part of your profile. Because Lampedusaberlin sites and applications are intended to allow you to share your information and to allow others to find you, we make certain information about you publicly available by default. Such information may, for example, be accessed by everyone on the Internet, including users without accounts, and may appear in public search engine search results. However, you can control the visibility of your information by managing your privacy settings within your Lampedusaberlin account. You can also restrict the information available to others by deleting information you do not want visible or by not providing it at all.
When you post information on another user’s profile or comment on another user’s post, the public availability of that information will be subject to the other user's privacy settings.
How We Use Information
We use the information we collect to provide our services, respond to you, operate and improve our sites and applications, and foster a positive user experience.
By registering with Lampedusaberlin, by managing your profile, by publicly posting information, or by opting in when presented with choices, you have consented for us to use your information in the following ways:
- to create a profile for you based on information that you have provided to us, information collected or imported from other sites or applications, or information provided to us by third parties such as your contacts or advertisers;
- to add information gathered from public websites to your profile;
- to allow you to import information about yourself or your contacts from other sites or applications or to export your information to other sites or applications;
- to contact you about feature updates, informational and service-related communications, including important security updates;
- to inform you of other products or services available from Lampedusaberlin or its affiliates;
- to enable you to contact us and for us to respond to you;
- to conduct surveys, promotions and contests, and to publish the results thereof;
- to generate internal reports about the use of our sites and applications;
- to give search engines access to public information;
- to detect, investigate and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal;
Profile information may be used for networking with other community members or may be visible to anyone using Lampedusaberlin sites and applications. While Lampedusaberlin takes measures to safeguard your information from unauthorized access or inappropriate use, Lampedusaberlin does not control these third parties and we are not responsible for their use of information you give to us. Accordingly, you should not post sensitive information, personality profiles, or any other information you would not want made public, to any Lampedusaberlin site or application or to a public website.
Our services include the display of personalized products, content, and advertising relating to your career experience and interests online.
How We Share Information
We disclose information if legally required to do so, or at our discretion pursuant to a request from a governmental entity or if we believe in good faith – after considering your privacy interests and other factors – that such action is necessary to: (a) meet legal requirements or comply with legal process; (b) protect our rights or property or our affiliated companies; (c) investigate fraud, prevent a crime or protect national security; or (d) protect the personal safety of users or the public.
Cookies and Online Advertising
The website uses the following cookies:
- Session cookies whose use is not instrumental to the collection of personal data identifying the user, being limited only to the transmission of session identification data in the form of automatically generated by the server numbers. Session cookies are not stored permanently on the user's device and are automatically deleted when the browser is closed:
- Third Party Cookies for Viewing Videos on YouTube.
The site does not have access to data that is collected and processed in full by third parties.
For more information on logic and how to treat data collected by social networks, users are encouraged to read the privacy notice provided by those who provide the services in question.
In order to respect the privacy of our users, technical cookies are not used for User profile profiles. You may choose to enable or disable cookies by navigating to your browser's settings as instructed by their vendors.
Social Media Widgets
You are responsible for keeping your username and password secret.
You should be aware that resumes and profiles may be monitored by your current employer.
When you place an order online at Lampedusaberlin, your credit card information is encrypted with industry standard encryption.
Update effective June 27, 2017